With the holiday season approaching, many of us will be presented with family dinners, work parties, and free time on our hands for training. With all of this celebration going on, it is the perfect time to celebrate the lifestyle of those who get big. Whether its hitting PR's, shedding big amounts of fat, or shutting down the all-you-can-eat buffet, we are lifetime members in a club that is all our own. We receive odd looks from some people, looks of horror from others, but mostly people just choose to stay out of our way. This post is dedicated to all the members of the Lift Big Eat Big club.
1.Your waist may be the same size it was in high school, but you still wear 2 pant sizes bigger so your ass will fit.
2. People never ask when you will be finished with the squat rack because they don't want to be on the receiving end of your cobra death glare.
3. Going back for seconds is not a privilege, it's a duty.
4.Over 75% of your Facebook friends are either shirtless or have weights in their hands. The other 25% are just family members.
5. You know squat.
6. The meal is not over when you are full, the meal is over when you hate yourself.
7. A fridge full of milk and meat should last you until the end of the week.
8. Your eye twitches every time you see a set of half-squats.
9. You spend each night refreshing your gym's homepage, waiting to see tomorrow's workout.
10. You keep an extra stick of deodorant on hand in case of a surprise outbreak of the meat sweats.
|How I look heading into the 6AM class.|
11. If you had a nickel for every time you explain that firming and toning is BS, you could retire.
12.You can walk into large groups of people on the sidewalk and they will always get out of your way.
13. No, it's not like Zumba or P90X.
14. After a day of heavy 5x5, walking down stairs is the hardest task imaginable.
15. You enjoy blacking out as runners tell you about how great their endorphin high was.
16. You don't need to go to go to the doctor, because squats and fish oil can cure every ailment.
17. You spend more time at work reading training logs than actually working.
18. You are happy when your butt looks big in those jeans.
19. The recession doesn't worry you nearly as much as when your new shirt is coming in the mail.
20. Being called "skinny" is offensive.
21. Have some pain? There is a MOBWOD for that.
22. Yes fat is good for you, and you make sure that everyone knows it.
23. Males shy away from the squat rack when you warm up with their max.
24. Every shirt you own has a gym logo or workout reference on it.
25. You base others self worth on their TOTAL score.